The Southern Reaches
The Southern Reaches of Estra
The southern regions of the galaxy were filled with exciting places and persons, such as the annual Illumina Festus Duran SpaceExpo at Fesduran-5, in the Distan Colonies, the massive Stelltron trade hub at Bucklan Fells, the Mutos of Rhatsibahn Malstus hunting preserve, and Shawil, the Rutak pirate. It was the hunting ground of rogue empires such as the aggressive Kopitak, the Torrent smugglers, Shadow Corporation, the Dustovi Pirates, the mechanicals of RX-43, and Stelltrons ubiquitous minions, the Silent company (the Silents). Other, more 'legitimate' scallywags like the Rubidius, H'fatta, and Jinn Khan pirates. The fabled Albion and their spacegoing city, Dawn of Albion, came from this region. It was also the home turf of Stelltron, the most powerful of the Great Trade Houses and the habitation of seven of the Lesser Trade Houses; the largest grouping in the galaxy.
Two of the Lesser Trade Houses
This mining corporation covers an area of seventy-five million starsystems. It was a mix of humanoid aliens, humans, arthropods and Arthropod cyborgs. I mention the arthropod cyborgs remained loyal to biologicals during the cyber rebellions, which was something of a rarity. Their customers were mainly the eastern coreward empires such a Ronnel, Anozie Republic, and House Mako.
Maga Corporation (aka 'Mega' Corp.)
Maga Corporation considered itself akin to an “autonomous multi-cellular organism.” Modeling itself on the daisy flower, its philosophy was to foster alliances with separate corporations that could then be melded into a greater whole, while still being able to exist independently. Maga encouraged this philosophy by only accepting larger corporations into its conglomerate that were doing things that other members weren't. Among its more prominent members were:
- Repur Cybernetics: Repur specialized in quad- and “extreme environment” cybers, as well as AI-driven assistive technologies for human settlers within the Ronnel Empire.
- Szakinity Systems: An offshoot of Szakal Systems, a manufacturer of offensive, planet-based heavy equipment.
- Widdins: A company specializing in high-speed transport vehicles, from troop carriers to cargo freighters.
- Gene-A Tech: Company specializing in medical technologies, including bio-augmentation, fertility, longevity and mutative enhancements.
- Sturm Kinetics: A small, but highly regarded, armaments manufacturer. Did limited business with the Hagadorn Empire.
- Furahi Terraforming: An established name in the areas of terraforming and deep-crust drilling for the construction of subterranean enclaves.